Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL) published advertisement for recruitment of Communication Officers through UGC-NET (July, 2016). You can view more details about this recruitment in this post.
Shortlisting for further selection process will be through the score obtained by the candidates in Mass Communication and Journalism paper (Subject Code 63) of UGC-NET examination scheduled on 10th July,2016. Score from any other examination is not valid.
Posts : Corporate Communication Officers
Educational Qualification :
- Minimum educational qualification for the post is:
- 2 Years full-time Post Graduate Diploma/ Masters Degree in Journalism/ Mass Communication/ Public Relations or equivalent qualification from recognized Universities/ Institutions in the qualifying degree examinations. Indian Universities awarding the degrees must be recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Degrees awarded by the foreign Institutes/ Universities must have equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Candidates (belonging to General and OBC category) should have secured 60% or more marks in qualifying degree examination. It is relaxed to minimum 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates. In case any University/ Institute follows an evaluation system of awarding Letter Grade (‘A’/ ‘B’/ ‘C’ etc.) or Point Scale, a certificate from the University/ Institute establishing relationship between the Letter Grade (or Point Scale) with % of marks, should be submitted.
- In case any University/Institute follows an evaluation system of awarding Letter Grade (‘A’/ ‘B’/ ‘C’ etc.) or Point Scale, candidates will be required to submit a certificate from the University/Institute establishing relationship between the Letter Grade (or Point Scale) with % of marks.
- In absence of any certification from the University/Institute, Indian Oil shall have the liberty to convert the ‘Letter Grade’ or ‘Point’ into % of marks as deemed fit.
- Candidates must have minimum 2 years of post qualification work experience (as on 30th June, 2016) in Mass Communication/ Journalism and/ or related field of work.
- Post qualification experience will be counted from the date of announcement of result of qualifying degree examination. Internships during continuation of study in Mass Communication/ Journalism or any other programme or before announcement of result of the qualifying degree examination will not be considered as experience.
Age Limit : Maximum 28 years as on June 30, 2016 for the General Category candidates. Age relaxation for candidates belonging to Other Backward Class (OBC) (Non Creamy Layer) / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PwD) will be applicable as per the Presidential Directives.
Desirous candidates need to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the application process. The said guidelines are available at the following link:
- The selection methodology will comprise of the following:
- The candidates desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil as Corporate Communication Officers are required to appear in UGC-NET examination scheduled on 10th July,2016 in MASS COMMUNICATION AND JOURNALISM (SUBJECT CODE 63).
- Candidates have to essentially qualify the UGC-NET examination of 10th July,2016 as per the cut-off marks prescribed by UGC-NET as under:
|CATEGORY||Minimum Marks(%) to be obtained|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER – III|
- Score from UGC-NET examination scheduled on 10th July, 2016 is valid for this recruitment exercise under this advertisement. Score from any previous UGC-NET examination is not valid.
- Only the candidates declared qualified by UGC-NET as above, will be considered for short- listing for further selection process comprising the following rounds subject to their meeting the eligibility criteria with regard to age, qualification experience etc. as prescribed by Indian Oil
- Group Discussion (GD)/Group Task (GT)
- Personal Interview (PI) and
- Language Proficiency Test
- Shortlisted candidates also have to qualify through each stage of selection process ie. GD/GT, PI and Language Proficiency Test successfully before being considered as suitable for selection.
- Final merit will be prepared considering the scores obtained by the candidates in UGC-NET examination, GD/GT, PI and Language Proficiency Test.
How to Apply :
- Application for the post of Corporate Communications Officers is a two stage process:
- On-line registration for UGC-NET examination to be held on 10th July,2016
- On-line application for the position of Corporate Communications Officer in IndianOil along with UGC-NET Registration number
- On-line registration for UGC-NET (July,2016) examination
- Candidates are required to first submit their application ON-LINE for UGC-NET examination following the steps prescribed in the information brochure for the examination.
- For detailed information on UGC-NET examination, the interested candidates may log on to CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in(http://cbsenet.nic.in)
- The online application site of UGC-NET examination of December,2014 as per the notification issued by CBSE on behalf of UGC-NET will remain open till 12th May,2016.
- On completion of the on-line application process, candidates will be required to take print out of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card. These documents will also have the Registration Number of the candidate. Candidates interested in applying in Indian Oil must preserve these documents carefully.
- On-line application in Indian Oil
- After downloading the Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card of UGC-NET examination scheduled on 10th July, 2016 the candidates should apply to IndianOil ON- LINE. The relevant link will be made available once CBSE starts issuing admit card/ hall ticket to candidates for the UGC-NET examination of 10th July,2016. The online application module will be available at www.iocl.com.
- Candidates should click on the ON-LINE application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the ONLINE application form giving accurate information including the UGC-NET Registration No.
- Candidates must enter the same name in the same manner as they have entered while applying for UGC-NET. For example, if the candidate has entered his name as Praveen Kumar Singh in the ON-LINE UGC-NET application, he must enter Praveen Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to IndianOil ON-LINE. He must not enter P K Singh or Praveen K Singh while applying to IndianOil). The candidates must fill-in the other information boxes correctly and ‘tick’ the appropriate box, wherever applicable.
- Candidate will be required to upload his/her photograph and signature. He/she should take a print out of the completed application submitted ON LINE to IndianOil and keep the same safely for future reference. On Completion of the application process, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
- Repeat – Print out of the application submitted ONLINE to IndianOil should be kept in safe custody by the candidate. Candidates must not send this printout to any office of IndianOil.
- If the candidate is called for GD/GT,PI and Language Proficiency Test, his/her identity shall be verified with UGC-NET Admit Card and UGC-NET official score card. Therefore, it is essential that the passport size photograph affixed by the candidate on the application submitted to IndianOil is same that was submitted along with UGC-NET Application Form and Admit Card.
- 10th July,2016 is the last date for receiving the ONLINE application by IndianOil
Candidates need not to pay any fee for applying to IndianOil
Important Dates to Remember
|Online application for UGC-NET (July,2016 Examination)commenced on||12th April 2016|
|Last date of submission of examination fee for UGC-NET (July,2016) examination through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC BANK)||13th May 2016|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||17th to 23rd May, 2016|
|Opening of the On-Line Module of IndianOil for receiving application for the post of Corporate Communications Officers||In synchronization with issuing hall ticket/ admit card by CBSE for UGC- NET (July,2016) Examination|
Advertisement : Click Here
Apply Online : Click Here